Consulting / Research Services to Public Bodies
SRISL provides services to improve safety through prediction and assessment of the consequences of major industrial accidents. As a result of its research activity, it has developed procedures, guidelines and software tools for integrated quantitative risk assessment in chemical installations and has provided services to improve safety through prediction and assessment of the consequences of major industrial accidents. SRISL has also acted as Technical Consultant for the Ministries of Development and Environment, and has carried out the safety studies evaluation for most of the chemical installations in Greece.
SRISL is one of the main consultants of the Greek Ministries of Environment, Employment and Development, in issues concerning the regulation of Greek chemical installations subject to the SEVESO directive.
SRISL acts as public and private consultant to:
- perform, review and reassess safety analyses with respect to external risk, and
- carry out the frequency assessments of the major accidents.
In particular, SRISL is involved with:
- Safety Studies of Industrial installations (Including SEVESO studies)
- Consequence Assessment of Major Industrial Accidents
- Consulting to the Greek Competent Authorities (SEVESO directive)
- Inspection of Chemical Installations
- Safety Management Systems
- Occupational Risk Assessment
- Consulting to Agencies responsible for the response to major natural phenomena
- Human Reliability studies
- Safety and Risk Assessment of Critical Infrastructure
SRISL has also provided consulting services to FERMILAB and ETH Zurich regarding the safety analysis and quantitative risk assessment of cryogenic underground installations.