The NERIS- TP Project (2011-2014) aimed on one hand to keep the momentum gained through the European Project EURANOS in establishing a platform where the operational and research community can meet and discuss with all the relevant stakeholders the topics related to emergency response and recovery preparedness and on the other hand to tackle urgent research topics in the area of nuclear emergency response and recovery preparedness. Through a collaboration of industry, research and governmental organisations in Europe, methodological aspects and computational models have been developed to be consistent with recommendations from international bodies such as the ICRP (International Commission for Radiological Protection) and improve Europe’s response by coupling decision support systems with an emergency information system such as the European wide information system ECURIE. Within this project, the NERIS platform was established as a unique place for combined meeting of the research and the operational community.
NCSR Demokritos was WP Leader for the topic “Link with emergency information systems” that concerned the linkage of Decision Support Systems (DSSs) for nuclear accidents with early warning systems in order to initiate and carry out computations in automatic mode. Computational codes have been developed and integrated in the DSS RODOS for its linkage with numerical weather prediction data.
• Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany (Coordinator)
• Centre d’étude sur l’Evaluation de la Protection dans le domaine Nucléaire, France
• National Centre for Scientific Research “Demokritos”, Greece
• Ukrainian Center of Environmental and Water Projects, Ukraine
• Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz, Germany
• Belgian Nuclear Research Centre, Belgium
• Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas, Spain
• VUJE Inc., Slovak Republic
• Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
• Risø National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
S. Andronopoulos, I. Ievdin, I. Kovalets, S. Anulich, and D. Trybushnyi (2016) “New functionalities developed in the NERIS-TP project regarding meteorological data used by Decision Support Systems”, Radioprotection 51(HS1), S13-S16, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1051/radiopro/2016004